The IT Technician role is responsible for handling any day-to-day issues that may arise. When an issue arises, the Technician determines the best resolution and proceeds to carry out the resolution steps while keeping users informed of the progress. In addition to day-to-day issues, he or she is responsible for deploying enhancements to the IT environment, onboarding/offboarding employees and documentation. Communication and customer service are critically important to this role.
There is plenty of opportunity for building personal technical proficiency in a very wide variety of tools in use by the company. An individual who can learn new systems, communicate effectively, and respond promptly will excel in this IT Technician position.
BW Retail Solutions is an end-to-end Ecommerce retail brand management and operational logistics company. We are rapidly growing our business and our team to meet the demand and opportunity in front of us. This rapid growth provides room to grow professionally and learn new skillsets every day.
• Promptly fulfill end user requests and resolve any issues
• Communicate with employees effectively and promptly
• Instruct end users on usage of newly deployed technology
• Document new and current IT procedures
• Perform software and hardware upgrades as needed
• Maintain a positive attitude and contribute to a pleasant work atmosphere while working and communicating with customers, co-workers and management
Technical Requirements 1+ year of experience with:
• Handling common desktop issues
• Offboarding and onboarding users in a variety of different applications
• Administering Active Directory and GPOs
• Basic business environment network topology. (Network infrastructure, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
• Physical setup of workstations, ethernet runs and hardware
• Experience with scripting, PowerShell, python and/or programming
• A desire and capability to become proficient in support of the company’s array of technology solutions
• Desire to work with a sense of urgency and to deliver high quality experience for the end user
• Full time position at 40+ hours a week distributed on 5 working days, Monday through Friday, occasional off hour support may be required
• Medical, dental, life insurance and employer match 401(k) program
• PTO starts at 9 days a year with a maximum of 21 days per year (Plus 6 paid Holidays)
• Opportunity for Annual Profit Sharing and Performance Based Bonuses
• IT Technician reports to IT Manage
• Position is based in Chesterfield, Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour
This is a great opportunity for those who are looking to advance their interest and skills in eCommerce. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate among multiple departments, as well as work independently. We are looking for someone that has a variety of skill sets, a willingness to learn, and a passion for problem solving to help expand our business imprint in the eCommerce world...
Qualifications and Skills
BW Retail Solutions has quickly grown to become an industry leader in end-to-end eCommerce retail brand management and operational logistics. Founded in 2017, BW Retail Solutions is a joint venture between two long standing, multi-generational, family owned, Michigan companies. We are proud to have the stability and feel of a 75+ year old Mom & Pop small business, combined with the modern scale, size and culture of a large startup.
With a growing staff of over 90 awesome people responsible for managing over 1 million consumer transactions annually, we feel that the sky is the limit for our dedicated workforce to grow personally and professionally as part of career with our organization. We believe that in order to be successful, it’s important that we all grow and learn together every day. From additional information on our background and history, please take a moment to visit: